sinfully delish.

Monday, April 26, 2010

This culinary adventure started, as they usually do, in the grocery store. I usually make a point of stopping by my grocer's spice rack to stock up on the essentials, occasionally stumbling upon something new and exciting. Enter: lavender.

I'd heard tell of people using lavender as an aromatic element in chicken and lamb dishes. And since I haven't quite conquered my fear of protein yet, I've always b-lined around lavender. I guess I just had a bout of bravery for split second because I decided to pick up a bottle of dried lavender. I read the label, and it informed me that I could stop being a wimp and start doing some herbal research. Apparently lavender is a great element in baking, too. So, I picked it up and inspiration ensued.

This is what I came up with:



toasted almond chocolate pudding, topped with lavender vanilla whipped cream, garnished with shaved white chocolate and a thin butter crumble cookie. A.k.a. YUM.

A dessert that is just layers upon layers of flavour and texture contrasts; a deliciously decadent sensory adventure.

Yes, it's overindulgent and sensory overload, but I wanted to really showcase lavender's ability to be subtle and still be the star of the dish, even with all of the other elements that were present.

Forgive me Robert for I have sinned.

I'll post the recipe and instructions later on. Right now, I'm going to go enjoy the leftovers.

0 backtalker(s):

Post a Comment

Culinerd Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino