venturing into vegan territory.

Monday, April 26, 2010

A strange, strange place to be, with nary an animal protein to be found. But surprisingly (or not surprisingly,) it's actually pretty tasty here. And healthy. And pretty. And fucking tasty. Did I say that already?

I know I'm a little late playing into the vegan cupcake craze, but I was hit with a sudden urge to venture into the unknown the other day, and I figured using baking as an outlet was the safest way to satisfy the craving. You know, aside from hopping into a blackhole or something -- as inviting as that sounds.

The recipe for the cupcakes was created by Jinxi Boo. And if you're at all interested in vegan cuisine, I suggest you  check out her blog. She's ultrafab, and I think I've already fallen in love with her beautiful and funny-shaped head. Now, Jinxi says this recipes makes 12 cupcakes, but I only got nine out of it. Not a big deal.

The recipe for the icing came from a quick Google search for "vegan cake icing." GENIUS. I know, right. I basically read the words "butter cream" and was immediately sold on it.

...WTF are calories? Who cares?! Not me.

I did, however, cut the recipe in half because this particular recipe yields enough waistline-unfriendly icing to fill a small-to-medium sized bathtub. Unless, of course, you're into that. In any case, in the the interest of not being wasteful, cutting the icing recipe in half will give you enough for the cupcakes, with just enough left over to eat with your finger.

Or a spoon. Go for it. Be fearless.

















Enjoy!

1 backtalker(s):

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to trying your cupcake & icing recipes! Especially the buttercream icing...I've never quite found the perfect recipe for that.

Have you come across the cookbook "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World"? I don't own it myself, but a friend of mine made four different types of cupcake from that book for a party, and OMG they were way too amazing. Coconut lime, to die for. Chocolate peanutbutter, sinful. And I think there was also a chai tea or an earl grey or something? Anyway, I highly recommend it.

Post a Comment

Culinerd Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino